For Christmas the boys both were each given a set of cardboard blocks from Aunt Sarah, Uncle Bob and their kids. When they opened them I thought they were going to be fun. We have some at church and the kids love to play with them. These are 3 different colors and sizes. I wasn't sure we needed two boxes of them and thought I would just only open one box at first and then as they fell apart open the second box. The boys also were given 3 stuffed angry birds that make noises. Vince was so excited! Joel likes them too but mostly because he now knows he can throw them and they make noises.
 |
| We built a wall to trap Brad in the office while he was working. |
 |
| Vince hard at work building |
The day after our Stewart Christmas celebration I started assembling the blocks first thing in the morning. It took a lot longer than I thought to get through one box. We started building with them and pretending the green ones were the pigs and throwing the angry birds at the towers to "kill" the pigs. Most of which was Vince's idea. I was just in charge of the tower building and keeping Joel from knocking over the tower before Vince had a chance to throw the birds. For the record I am not very good at keeping Joel from knocking over the towers. There is some strange force field that attracts him to the blocks and lets him know that we are building a tower even if he isn't in the same room. Plus, he is just really fast!
 |
| The wall before Joel noticed it...thanks to PBS |
 |
| Joel after he realized the blocks were fun! |
After putting together the first box of blocks and building for awhile I decided we didn't have enough blocks to build the kind of towers Vince (and I ) wanted to build. Against my better judgement I opened the second box of blocks and started assembling. We now have a ridiculous number of blocks and the kids still fight over them. Joel really just likes to knock them all down and then basically bury himself in the blocks. He will usually start by building his own tower to knock over and then moves on to my tower or Vince's and then rolls on top of the blocks and yells "mine" if we try to take any of them back to build again. Vince doesn't have the patience for this behavior and usually wants to leave Joel in another room or suggests that Joel needs a nap. I have tried explaining to Vince that he used to do the same thing when we would play with legos, but he is not interested in hearing it!
 |
| Buried in blocks |
 |
| Vince trying to help bury Joel in the blocks |
It has been a nice change to play Angry Birds with the blocks when we can all participate versus Vince walking around stealing our phones to play the real Angry Birds. He still plays it on our phones, but not nearly as much! Thanks Aunt Sarah for a great gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment