Last weekend on a whim we decided to go visit my mom, step dad and sisters. We hadn't been to their house in awhile and we wanted to see Dave before his surgery this past week. When we called up on our drive to see if they were home and if they had any plans for the afternoon/evening we found out that Kasi was cheering and Tina was dancing at half time during the boys basketball game.
It was a relaxed few hours just hanging out at the house before we had to get ready to go to the game. Before we left Brad asked what team they were playing and it turned out it was Brad's high school! It was fun going to a game at my old high school (Dukes) and watching them play Brad's high school (Foxes). When we were in school our high schools were not in the same conference. My high school colors are purple and white and Brad's are red and white. At some point that night Vince and Brad had a conversation about the Dukes and Foxes and how the Foxes beat the Dukes that night at basketball. Vince was all over the place at the game and was off visiting with my sisters, their friends, and his little friend Sophie. I hardly saw him all night and he had a blast! I still can't figure out when Vince and Brad had their little conversation.
Tina is part of the dance team and they were doing a little girl dance at half time. For the little girl dance each dancer had about 8-10 little girls in their group. Earlier in the day they learned a dance that they got to perform at half time. It was pretty adorable and they all did a good job! Kasi wasn't able to actually cheer because she is still recovering from her leg injury/surgery.
Fast forward 4 or 5 days...the boys and I were off on our "before the baby comes and life is crazy fun date day" and we were driving by a high school and Vince wanted to know if that was Daddy's school. I told him no, it was a different high school. He promptly told me "I am not going to be a Duke. I don't like purple! I am going to be a Fox and wear red and play basketball and beat the Dukes!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing and I could tell Brad was most likely behind it! This whole week if anything about school or sports is mentioned Vince will reiterate how much he doesn't want to wear purple and be a Duke and how he wants to wear red and be a Fox. Vince doesn't realize this but we aren't in the correct school district for him to be a Fox or a Duke. Either way he is already brain washed and hoping to be a Fox someday!

No comments:
Post a Comment