About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Growing up and Climbing out

Last night Brad was out of town and when I put the kids to bed I told them that everyone was sleeping in their own beds all night.  Did I think they would listen?  NO!  But 4 out of 7 nights this last 2-3 weeks we have ended up with at least 1 child in our bed at some point in the night and I was tired of it.

He is lucky he is so cute!


When I woke up I was so excited because I slept through the night (rare for me too lately, even if the kids sleep) and the kids slept through the night!  Then I heard the cat making fun noises and something fall over downstairs, but our cat is weird and usually sounds like he weighs 30 lbs (not 10lbs) when he is walking around the house.  He is a very loud cat!  I heard Joel whimper a little and it sounded a like it was downstairs.  Then he cried louder and I realized it really was coming from downstairs.  You have never seen a pregnant women jump up out of bed so fast and run down the stairs!  It was only 6am and it was really dark and there was Joel standing at the bottom of the stairs in his footy pajamas with the cat.


He may look innocent...

I scooped him up, gave him a big hug, took him back upstairs to watch a movie while I got ready for work and tried to figure what happened.  The little stinker decided to climb out of his crib and bypass my room and go down the stairs in the dark.  I was so thankful he didn't get hurt because he won't go down the stairs alone when I am home and those footy pajamas are slick on the wood floors!

...but there is a good chance curiosity is getting the better of him.

The problem is Joel was very proud of himself and I am guessing there will be a repeat performance tonight.  I am betting I will spend most of the night awake watching him on the baby monitor!  I am not ready for him to be out of a crib, but in the last couple days he is determined to show me he isn't a baby anymore.  You have to wrestle him into the highchair and if you get him in it he won't eat until you let him sit at the table and now he is climbing out of the crib.  I guess if he is ready to be a big kid we better try to go along with it, but I don't like it one bit!  Not only am I not ready for him to be a big kid but at times it can be at little inconvenient.  Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment