About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas morning I heard Vince up and he was trying to get the dogs to go downstairs with him, but they were not listening and he was getting frustrated.  I convinced Vince to climb into bed with Brad and I and Vince and I talked for a little while and there was no mention of Christmas.  I then asked him if he knew what day it was and he said "Yes!  It is Christmas!"  I made him wait at the top of the stairs until Brad, Joel and I were ready to go downstairs.

Joel and his gift from Santa

Vince opening the gifts and Joel playing with them
Once we were downstairs we read the note Santa left by the cookies, opened the stockings and started to open presents.  Vince was super excited to help unwrap the presents and Joel just liked stacking the presents and knocking over the pile.  Vince ended up opening most of Joel's presents for Joel.  After present opening we got ready to go to church.  We had to be there early because friends of ours from church had moved away recently and they were back in town.   So we were having a play date before church.  As Brad pointed out the play date was really for Pam and I because the kids were spending the service in the nursery together.  He was right!

The gift from Santa...a truck you can build over and over again

Joel likes the drill from Vince's truck toy


Joel and his Christmas presents

After church my grandparents, aunt, uncle, my sisters, and my parents all came over to our house to celebrate Christmas.  My inlaws stopped by for a little while too.  It was a fun house and a ton of fun!  We looked at old pictures, played games, ate a TON of food, opened gifts, etc.  Once again Joel didn't want to do anything but stack gifts, knock over his piles, climb on his gifts and steal packages from Vince.  Vince ended up opening both their gifts.  A couple times he just pulled enough wrapping paper off to see what he got and then went on to the next gift.  Silly kid!


Kennidy and Tina
Grandma Dawn and Joel making music

Vince happy for Grandma because he helped her win the game

Joel rearranging his pile and getting ready to climb


Vince and his pile of presents

Joe and Jill


Joel thrilled because he is standing on his presents

Super excited about his new games

Aunt Mindi and Uncle Terry


Grandma Pat and Papa


Tina and Kasi

Uncle Terry and Grandma Pat


Vince, Papa Ron and Grandma Pat

Jill and Mom

My mom, my sisters and my sister's boyfriend all spent the night at our house on Christmas.  It was a lot of fun but the sleeping arrangements kept changing as the night went on.  Both boys ended up in our bed with Brad and I.  Then Vince was snoring really loud and I couldn't get comfortable, so I left and went to sleep on the couch.  A couple hours later my sister and her boyfriend ended up downstairs on the couch and floor because the air mattress wasn't comfortable.  Then early in the morning I went upstairs to get the boys and when I came back down Jill and Joe were back upstairs sleeping.  That is until Vince found them and insisted they wake up!  We spend the day eating leftovers (even then we still had enough for 2 more days), playing with the boys, playing games, setting up the trampoline the boys got from Papa Razzi and Grandma Dawn, and planning a vacation to Disney sometime after the baby is born.  Only 3 of my sisters and I were in on that conversation and I don't know if we have my mom convinced to let them take off school.  We tried to tell my mom it was to show Tina more of the US, but I don't know if she was buying it!

Joe and Vincent


Helping set up the trampoline.


Building the trampoline


Papa watching Vince play the Leap Pad

After a busy Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and day after Christmas Brad, the boys and I ended the festivities with a relaxing evening of watching Cars 2!  We needed to rest up because the Stewart family Christmas started the next day at 11am.


No comments:

Post a Comment