Saturday my cousin Kristy was nice enough to help me out and watch the boys while I worked in the morning. I told Vince that morning that they were going to Brett's house and that Brett's mommy and daddy were going to watch them. Vince was thrilled! When Brad and I were loading the boys in the car Joel was crying and Vince turned and said to him "Don't cry Joel we are going to your best friend's house!" Brett is the only little kid we see often that is Joel's age, so Vince is convinced that Brett is Joel's best friend.
 |
| Andy and the boys outside enjoying the snow |
The boys were happy to get to Kristy and Andy's house and loved having new toys to play with. Joel barely noticed that I left, which is pretty amazing! While I was at work Kristy sent me several cute pictures. The kids got to play outside in the snow, make brownies, attempt to frost the brownies (they just ate the frosting), and drink hot chocolate. It was fun to see the pictures on my phone in between seeing clients!
 |
| Joel, Brett and Vince getting ready to help with brownies |
When I went to pick the boys up neither one wanted to leave! When we were pulling out of their driveway Vince was crying. I asked him why and he said "I wanted to stay all day!" He went on to tell me that he was going to call and see if he could have a sleepover next time. Then he said "I think Kristy would be a good name for my little sister!" I think he had a lot of fun!
 |
| Vince and Brett in the snow |
 |
| Brett and Vince |
It makes me so happy that my cousin not only lives close to me, but that we can help each other with babysitting and that our kids get to play with each other more than one or twice a year. Growing up Kristy and I and our siblings (Ryan and Alyse) would try to convince our parents that we should have sleepovers all the time! We weren't successful as often as we would have liked. It makes me smile to hear Vince ask for a sleepover. I think once Joel and Brett can talk more we may have to give in to sleepovers. Saying no to 1 kid seems a lot easier than saying no to 3 kids!
 |
| Brett, Joel and Vince enjoying brownies |
I love my family!
 |
| Joel looking a little silly! |
No comments:
Post a Comment