About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The difference a year makes

Last fall when Vince was only a little over 2 years old we tried to have him do Sunday School.  There weren't a ton of kids in Sunday School and a couple of the teachers encouraged us to just let him try it and see what happened.  That fall we tried really hard to make it so either Brad or I was a teacher or helper.  The plan was to just make sure Vince was being good and not distracting from the other children trying to learn.  After last Christmas Vince was reluctant to go to Sunday School and would much rather just go to the nursery.  Brad and I didn't want to fight it too much since he was so young anyway.  One day though I noticed that the classroom he was in only had one other student and 2 teachers, so I talked Vince into going to Sunday School.  After Sunday School I talked to the teacher and asked her how Vince was for her.  At our church volunteers volunteer to teach Sunday School one month (or more) at a time.  This was the first time this teacher had Vince.  She told me that he did fine for a kid his age and that both the kids that day had trouble sitting still.  So the next week Brad brought Vince down to Sunday School and as Brad went to bring Vince into the classroom the teacher suggested that perhaps he was better off in the nursery.  Vince was thrilled and we were glad to not have to convince him every week to go to Sunday School!  I have to admit that I thought it was funny that the elder for Christian Education's (Brad) son got asked to leave Sunday School.

This year Vince was definitely ready for Sunday School and didn't need to be in the nursery with Joel!  Vince believed otherwise and wasn't too sure he wanted to give up playing in the nursery.  With a little convincing Vince now goes to Sunday School without a problem.  Today he had the teacher he had last winter.  I was a little worried about how today would go, but second chances are a wonderful thing.  Today the teacher commented to Brad how smart Vince was.  Then tonight I was asking Vince how Sunday School went and what he learned.  He told me that he taught his teacher the church prayer.  Brad and I were doubting his story until Vince wanted to know why his teacher calls it The Lord's Prayer and we call it The Church Prayer.  At that point Vince was a little disappointed to find out he was the only one that called it The Church Prayer and he still thinks that everyone should call it The Church Prayer because you say that prayer at church.  Wonderful logic even if it isn't right!

No comments:

Post a Comment