Joel has been talking more and more lately. Do we understand all of it? No! But we are understanding more and more and it is really exciting. I am hoping that we can avoid a few meltdowns once we can understand each other better. Well, once we can understand Joel better. Just because he is quiet don't let Joel fool you, he understands everything! Sometimes he pretends like he doesn't understand what you are telling him and you can tell by the mischievous grin on his face that he really does understand.
Joel can say quite a few words and make a lot of animal noises. His favorite words lately are: No, Mommy, Dadda, help me, mine, please and thank you. The other night he wanted Brad to put him on top of the bouncy house and you could hear him say "dadda help me please." So cute! I have to be honest though anyone other than Brad and I probably wouldn't understand it at all! He also said "Vincent" the other night but when we asked him to say it again he told us "no".
Vince has always talked a lot but now it is more full conversations and pretty well thought out questions. Vince is getting really good at holding conversations not only in person but also on the phone. He usually doesn't mind talking to people he doesn't know, but it depends on the situation. The other day a friend of mine was babysitting the boys for me. My brother in law's company hauls and spreads biosolids (poop) out of different cities and spreads it on fields all over the state. The day my friend was babysitting they were spreading in the fields around our house. Vince has a very keen sense of smell and doesn't completely understand what his uncle does for a living. This is the conversation between the two of them as reported to me!
V: Eeew what's that smell?
K: They are spreading in the field.
V. Poop?
K: Yes
V: Uncle John needs to stop pooping his pants and making people put it in the field!!!
Vince's favorite phrases are "mommy, I have to tell you something", "yeah, but...", "I know, I know, I know," or "ok, so...." My personal favorite is "Mommy, Mommy, I love ya!" He has been saying that quite a lot lately and at the strangest moments but I love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment