About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cabin Fever Already!

Disclaimer:  These pictures are not that great.  No one would stay still so I could get a good picture.

Joel getting towed by his feet
I know it is only the end of January and the weather really hasn't been that cold, but we already have cabin fever!  In the summer and fall we spend so much time outside running around, climbing, digging, etc that the kids are usually pretty exhausted by the end of the day.  The boys take a nap in the afternoon for a couple of hours so by the time they get up it is dark and dinner time.  Well, Joel takes nap it is hit or miss with Vincent.  After dinner they are bouncing off the walls and don't just want to sit around and read or even just sit and play toys.  So some interesting 'games' have developed.  It started with racing around the downstairs between the living room, dining room, office and foyer.  After a few days of racing and playing tag it evolved into a Cars 2 race.  Brad was Mater, Joel was a lemon car and Vince was Francesco Bernulli.  I sometimes got to play and they would let me be Lightning McQueen.  That turned into Joel just enjoying being towed around the house by his legs and loving every minute of it.  Then Brad got tired of pulling Joel around by his legs so he grabbed a "tow rope" and used that.  I have never seen a kid be more relaxed just laying on his belly and being dragged around the house by his feet.  Joel loves it!  Then Vince wanted to get towed.  Then I had 3 people running around the house and 2 falling over so they could be towed.


Brad towing both boys with a "tow rope"  my camera case strap

Brad got tired of towing and over the course of a few days ended up pulling Joel around in a small wagon with Vince dragging behind it.  Tons of fun until Vince hits the carpet!  This evolved into Brad hooking up the toy 4 wheeler to the back of the wagon so they could all be hooked together and he could pull both of them.  At one point this past week I put the boys on a blanket and dragged them around the house over and over!  Once is awhile I would lose one going around a corner but for the most part they were not happy unless I was going fast.

Taking my turn pulling Joel in a wagon with Vince dragging behind

Towing Vince on a blanket with Joel tagging along for a ride

Now we just oscillate between all the different racing activities.  It is almost to the point that you can tell what time of night it is by what the kids are doing.  The automatically start running laps around 7:30-8pm.  The dogs didn't know what to think about all this at first, but now they just sit on the couch and watch.  At first I thought the racing was great and we were burning off extra energy before we had to wrestle their pajamas on, but now I am worried they are building up endurance.  The only ones that ever seem tired are Brad and me!


The boys sort of staying still for a better picture

No comments:

Post a Comment