About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Healthy Competition?

It is no secret that Brad and I are extremely competitive.  Not just with each other, but with the kids and in life in general.  We just don't like to lose!  We can make almost anything into a competition.  

A nightly ritual around here is running laps between the four rooms.  Sometimes all 4 of us do laps, sometimes just the boys, sometimes the boys and Brad, and sometimes the boys and me.  Occasionally it is just one of the kids, it really just depends on everyone's moods.  Lately I have been trying to stay out of the nightly running of the children, but Joel dragged me into it tonight.  Joel will only do so many laps by himself and then he wants to be held while you run carrying him.  Brad and Vince were holding hands and racing Joel and I.  Joel was on my shoulders so I could run faster and we did manage to beat Vince and Brad once!  After more laps than I could count I convinced Joel that we should play with some toys instead of running and lucky for me he went for it.

I wasn't the only one who was tired, Brad was too!  He decided to time Vince's laps.  Vince was alternating between being a mean hot rod and a nice hot rod while he was running his laps.  After running close to 15 laps Vince was done.  His fastest time was 6.3 seconds.  Brad then got all excited and decided he would race and Vince could time him.  If you didn't know Brad you would think Brad was just trying to give Vince a chance to run the timer and rest.  I knew better!  I saw the look on Brad's face and just started laughing.  He was wondering why I was laughing and I said "You seriously want to see if you can beat Vince!"  Brad said "Yes" and laughed.   Vince had a blast timing him.   Brad's best time was 3.7 sec.  Brad was exhausted and later admitted that his bad leg was sore from all the running.

Joel and I had been playing with trucks and watching the whole thing.  When Brad was taking a break Vince was wanting someone else to run.  I agreed and Brad gave me a look and said "you want to see what your time is don't you?"  Its true!  I wanted to see if I could beat Brad.  The chances of it happening weren't great, but I had to give it a try.  My best time was 4.5 sec.  Not bad for a pregnant lady! 

Brad was happy that he had the best time, because running faster than a 3 1/2 year old and your pregnant wife is really difficult.  He is recovering from a herniated disc but even with that it isn't too impressive.  Strange...Yes!  Do I love the competitive side of Brad?  You bet!

This is the kind of fun we have around here on a Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment