About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Little Helpers

I worked this weekend and Brad decided he could watch Vince while I was at work.  I was a little worried about it because they would be at the farm working with the grain set up and getting everything running properly.  There would be semi trucks bringing in corn from the field and Brad would occasionally have to go to the top of the grain set up (100+ feet tall) to work on things.  That would leave Vince down below by himself.  Vince does a great job of following directions lately, but he still is only 3 years old.  We told Vince a couple days before that he was going to go to work with Daddy on Saturday.  He wanted to make sure I would pack snacks for him and Daddy to share.  Saturday morning when he woke up I asked him if he was ready for work.  He said "Yes, but I need my work clothes on".

Attempting to get a picture of my boys
Vince had a great day with Brad!  Vince got to help press different buttons to start up the grain dryer as well as using the moisture tester for Brad.  Vince also was in charge of opening hopper doors on the trucks.  They open with a remote and Brad would tell him when to open and close them on the truck.  Vince also got to sweep corn into the pit.  I tried to get a picture of him doing it, but he didn't want to show me how he did that.  He was more interested in showing me the moisture tester.  Vince also was able to spend time with his cousin Keith and even got to go watch his soccer game!  When I asked Vince about his day he kept talking about the buttons and his buddy Keith.  Keith is in 2nd grade and Vince thinks Keith is awesome!  It also sounded like Vince was able to ride in the tractor and combine for awhile.  He didn't want to come home and insisted on taking a nap at Grandma and Grandpa's house so that he could go back and help Daddy when he woke up.  It was so fun seeing his excitement and seeing how much fun Brad had teaching him!


Brad and Vince working hard.
Joel had a fun morning as well.  He was able to spend the day with my cousins Kristy and Brett.  A house full of new to him toys and no older brother to boss him around!  He got to play outside, go on a walk and watch Mickey Mouse (we don't get that channel at our house).  Joel was all smiles when I got there and fell asleep before I left their subdivision, so I am guessing he had a fun time as well.  I love having my cousin live close and I  love that our kids get to play together more than twice a year!  It is such a blessing!

1 comment: