About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Grandma Pat

Today is my grandmother's birthday.  Growing up I thought it was hilarious that her birthday was on Halloween.  I don't know why but it just cracked me up.  I would tease her and tell her she was a witch.  I was lucky enough to get to spend a little bit of time with her Saturday and Sunday!

Me and grams...a few years back
Grams and Papa
Always the life of the party!
I won't tell you how old my Grandma is because she probably wouldn't like it.  I can tell you that she doesn't look remotely close to her real age.  She is hardworking (as of 2 months ago she is working a full time job again), caring, funny, and is always willing to watch my children even when they are sick!  She is a lady on a mission and never sits still and will still get down on the floor to play with the kids.  Grandma Pat is also the queen of "the generation photo."  We have tons and I am glad for it, but it has become a running joke at family gatherings.  She doesn't think it is as funny as we do!  Grandma Pat also is known for her incredible luck at a casino and always having her camera to take pictures.  In my wedding photos you see a ladies hand holding a camera in almost all the pictures of people walking down the aisle...it is my grandmas!  Below are some family or generation pictures that I quickly found on the computer.  I know there are more!

Generation photo just before Vince was born

Alyse, Grandma, Jill, Me and Grandma Pat

Family Picture
Generation Photo Christmas 2008
Generation Photo 2009
Family picture 2010
Generation Picture...from awhile ago!
Not sure what year this one is from...I think my first communion.
A generation picture with my great grandma...minus grams (she must have been taking the picture)

Grams and Papa and my old couch.  I don't miss it one bit!
Vincent, Grams and Papa at the fair
I was blessed to get to spend a great deal of time with my grandma growing up and we have always been close and she is always there for me.  She has come over during many of our renovation projects to help with the cleaning and organizing and is always happy to help.  If I were her I don't know if I would have come over to help...it was bad on more than 1 occasion around here.

Taking a break from the kitchen renovation clean up.

Grandma Pat I love you!  Happy Birthday!













No comments:

Post a Comment