About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Costumes

A while ago Vince saw a costume in a magazine from a very famous toy store.  I had no desire to buy the costume.  Something about spending a lot of money for a costume he will wear for a few hours.  The costume he liked was a blue monster with three eyes and some extra arms.  Vince was more excited about it being a three eyed monster and the rest of the details were lost on him (lucky for me!).  He saw this costume in the beginning of September and I was worried he might change his mind, so I put off making the costume until last week.  Vince has been asking about it since Labor Day weekend and we have had to have conversations about the order of things.  First is harvest, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving and Christmas.  The second the combine pulled into the field Vince was ready for Halloween and he was convinced Joel wanted to be a three eyed monster too.




One night last week I got out the different supplies to make the costumes.  Vince was up still and I started with his costume so he could be around to try it on occasionally for me to see how it was coming along and he wanted to "help."  Armed with my glue gun, sharpie, and other craft supplies we got started.  Somewhere along the way Vince ended up with the kid scissors sitting on top of the table working on his part of the project.  I am still not sure what that was exactly, but he love cutting up the newspaper with all night.  Once the costume was finished Vince was thrilled!  It was a mixture of being happy he was up over 1 hour past his bedtime and happy to finally have the costume he had been asking for for over 1 month.




A couple days later during nap time I was able to get Joel's costume mostly finished.  Joel was not nearly as happy with the costume.  He was "yelling" at me and trying to pull the eyes off when I showed it to him.  Then I tried to put the top part on and he took off running thru the house.  I caught up with him and tried to get the costume on him, but he wouldn't let me.  I couldn't even wrestle it onto him.  Hopefully before Sunday or Monday he gets over hating the costume.  I have 2 other costume choices that he can try (a dinosaur and a spider) if he doesn't like the monster.  We will see what happens.  Hopefully he was just in a bad mood before and once Vince is all dressed up Joel will want to be too.  Stay tuned for pictures of the finished product and to see if what costume Joel ends up wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment