About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Farmer Engineering

Farmer engineering by my definition is making something work when you really don't have what you need to fix something properly.  Here is an example:




Yes, that is a lizard/dinosaur toy with a string attached to his leg.  This masterpiece is the work of my husband.  This afternoon I flushed the toilet downstairs and part of the handle broke.  Brad tried this evening to glue it back together and to tape it back together.  It just didn't work!  He didn't want to leave for the field and leave us with a broken toilet, leave me to fix it (which I could probably do but it would involve some complaining), or drive to go get a part to fix it (long drive for one thing).  Brad didn't want to give up, so we now have a very creative and unique way to flush a toilet.  I am sure the boys are going to love it!  I am pretty sure they have never flushed a toilet by pulling on a lizard/dinosaur.  The lizard/dinosaur is actually a toy Vince got from the dentist and is really a toothbrush holder (not anymore!).  The question is how long will it stay that way before it gets fixed for real.  In my experience once something is farmer engineered it will stay that way (especially during harvest or planting time) until it begins to fail.  At least it is fixed and I didn't have to fix it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment