About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Konow Farms

Joel and the alpacas.  Vince thought they were weird.

Joel just loved all the animals.

My cousin Kristy invited the boys and I to go to Konow Farms with her and her son Brett.  It was definitely worth the drive!  I lucked out and both the boys napped in the car on the way there so I had 2 happy boys the whole time we were there.  When we first got there I was amazed at everything there was to do and so were the 3 boys.  We started by visiting the animals, then moved on to the barn that had a corn pit, pedal tractors to ride, a bouncy house obstacle course, a mechanical bull (we didn't do that), and an area with a water pumps to race toy ducks.  Joel liked riding the tractors and Vince loved the bouncy house obstacle course and the corn pit.  Kristy and I went in the bouncy house obstacle course to take Joel and Brett.  Most of it was easy going even for an adult and we were able to help some random kids navigate their way through the obstacles.  However, at the end there was a tunnel and it was very very small.  I can't speak for Kristy but I had a hard time getting thru the tunnel.  Another mom that was waiting for her son to get out commented that it was pretty funny watching us get thru the tunnel.


Brett and Joel riding tractors.  Joel had a hard time deciding between a pink International and a John Deere.

When the tractors aren't where you want them you just move them.

Much better!

The corn pit was fun and Brett and Vince loved it.  Joel did not like the corn kernels getting stuck in his toes.  At one point there was a group of handicapped kids in the corn pit with their aides.  Vince marched right over there and started talking to all of them.  Most of the kids couldn't communicate very well if at all, but they seemed to be enjoying the feeling of the corn.  Vince was more than happy to help the aides cover the kids feet and legs with corn.  I was trying to get him out of the corn pit and finally got him to come over to the wall and told him we needed to get going to something else and he said "yeah, but I was talking to them and I didn't say by."  So, he marched over and said goodbye to several of the people over there.


My funny hair after climbing thru the pumpkin bouncy house.
Vince getting ready to jump
airborne

the landing!

Joel trying to decide if he liked the corn pit or not

There was a shed with large bales of straw stacked up in a way that there was tunnels, a bale of straw to slide down and a large tower of straw to climb up.  Vince was fine in there on his own.  Joel didn't want to be left behind and that meant I got to follow.  There were some very small holes to climb thru that were made for children and not for me.  A few times I had to help the boys up thru a hole or down thru a hole and then run around to find another opening to catch up with them.


Joel climbing in the straw

Vince going down the straw slide
After the straw we moved on to an outdoor jumping pillow, another bouncy house and an area to ride tricycles around.  In the bouncy house there was a little girl about Vince's age who kept telling him he wasn't a big kid.  Vince was not pleased about this!  He told the girl he was a big kid and when the little girl yelled at him again and said he wasn't a big kid he finally yelled back at her that he was a big kid.  Later she started hitting him on the head and I was very happy that he did not hit her back.  Later he asked me "why that girl be mean, I just wanted to be her friend."  Poor kid, he felt so bad!

Jumping pillow
They had hayrides and a cow train.   The cow train was a blast!  They had turned large plastic drum into cows for people to ride in and they were all lined up and hooked to a tractor.  There was about 20 in the line.  Some were larger for adults or adults and a child to ride in.  The ride went pretty fast and made a zig zag pattern thru the field.  Vince rode alone and thought it was great!  Joel rode with me and really enjoyed it as well!

Vince, Joel and Brett in the cow train. 

On the way out we picked out pumpkins!  Joel picked out his own but Vince took it upon himself to pick out pumpkins for the rest of us.  It was a really fun day but I was exhausted when I got home.  Both the kids slept in the car and were ready to go again when we got home.  I was ready for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment