This past weekend was the Kendall County Fair! I love the fair! It is great to see friends and family, eat great food and see all the projects that everyone has worked so hard on. We had gone on Friday night as a family and had a lot of fun. Both the boys loved the fair but for different reasons. After a really quick walk thru the barns Vince was ready for the truck and tractor pull. By the time we made it thru 3 barns Brad and Joel were still on the first barn. I had no desire to sit at the truck and tractor pull all night, so I trade kids with Brad. Joel and I spent the next hour checking out the sheep, cows, goats, pigs, chickens and ducks. Joel was in heaven! He just kept running from animal to animal pointing, babbling, looking up at me to see if I understood and then moving on to the next animal. He was so excited he just couldn't contain himself! When several of the roosters crowed in the chicken barn he thought it was hilarious. Meanwhile, Vince and Brad were sitting at the truck and tractor pull loving every moment of it! We stopped by once to sit with them, but Joel watched 1 pull and took off to go back to the barns.
 |
| Pigs! |
 |
| Goats! |
 |
| I will feed you |
 |
| Ducks! |
It isn't that Joel doesn't like trucks and tractors because he plays with them at home and loves to "drive" the real ones, but given the choice he will choose any animal over a truck or tractor. Vince is just the opposite. He loves our animals and likes seeing other animals, but right now they just don't compete with anything with a motor. It is great that even at this age they have their own interests.
 |
| Having fun at the truck and tractor pull |
 |
| Our combine at the Touch a Truck event |
I LOVE the ear protectors!!! THANK YOU! Such a good mommy. I bet VInce will enjoy seeing my scooter on Monday when you guys come, then! ;) And Joely will enjoy Dunkin, per usu!
ReplyDelete