About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Swings

Brad has been working hard on the boys swingset/treehouse.  Vince is convinced it is a treehouse and hates when I call it a swingset or playhouse.  Luckily there is a tree near by which is enough to convince him that it really is a tree house.  Up until this year I was convinced that there was no way Vince was ever going to like swimming or swings.  So far I am still right on the swimming, but he has proved me wrong about the swings.

My in laws have swings in their house between the dining area and living room.  It is a very open floor plan so it works.  The kids love them!  Up until this spring Vince didn't really want anything to do with the swings even if there was a baby swing on the chains.  Then this spring he decided he wanted to sit on his cousin's lap and swing.  Once we got the swings hung up on the treehouse he would like small pushes (i.e. barely moving).  Over the last month he was ok with bigger pushes (i.e. moving just a little bit) but that was it.  Then last week when I got home from work Brad called me out to the backyard because Vince wanted me to see something.  That something was Brad pushing Vince so high that he was swinging higher than Brad's head.  I was a little nervous!  Then Brad would stand back, roll a soccer ball to Vince and he would kick it while he was swinging.  They are crazy!  This week I showed Vince what an 'underdog' was and now we spend a lot of time doing that.

Joel loves to swing already and likes to be pushed high in the baby swing and gets really aggravated when I stop pushing him to go push Vincent.  Sibling love!

Still under construction

Joel was saying cheese!

Sometimes Joel falls asleep in the swing

No comments:

Post a Comment