About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An idea

During dinner on Friday Vince told me he had an idea.  He wanted to set up a tent in the yard, make a fire and eat marshmallows.  Brad wasn't home yet, so we called him to let him know about the plan and that he was in charge of the fire.  The boys and I set up our tent and got everything else ready. 

Joel checking out the tent
The tent we used was one that I got for a gift when I was in high school.  My friend, Tiffany, and I would go camping with other friends and horses and much as possible.  The tent hasn't been used in years, but still had a campfire smell to it.  It made me wish Tiffany and her husband lived closer so we could go riding and camping together or at least sit around a campfire and watch Vince camp.

Brad and Vince cooking marshmallows
Vince originally wanted to camp by himself in the tent.  I told him that wasn't going to happen.  Then he wanted me to set up our larger tent and Brad, Joel and I sleep in the big tent and he would sleep in the little tent.  It was supposed to rain the next morning and taking 2 tents down in the rain didn't sound like fun, plus it was a struggle to set up the smaller tent with only Joel and Vince's help.  Vince finally settled for Brad or I sleeping with him in the tent.  After putting Joel to bed I went in the tent with Vince assuming I was sleeping in there with him.  I wasn't too excited, especially since I had to work in the morning.  Luckily about an hour later Brad was ready for bed and woke me up and he slept in the tent with Vince.

Looking up trucks on the computer.
Unfortunately between Joel and the dogs I was up 3 times from 2 am til 5 am, so I may have been better off in the tent!  Vince was up early and came in the house, but he left Brad in the tent.  He told me that "Daddy was still sleeping."  It turns out even with a mat to sleep on the ground still wasn't very comfortable.  Maybe getting up 3 times was worth it to have a nice soft bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment