Brad and I are expecting a third little blessing in February. This week I had a doctor's appointment and I took Vince with me. Joel hates when anybody touches me, including when Brad hugs me, so I didn't want to bring him with and Brad was able to watch him for me. I had explained to Vince that he was going to get to hear the baby's heartbeat and that I had to get a poke in the arm for a blood test. He seemed ok with all of it. Vince sat in the exam room on a chair right next to me and was being very quiet, which is unusual for him. When the nurse went to get my blood pressure Vince gently grabbed my other hand, set it in his lap and whispered "I will hold your hand so you don't cry." Such a sweety. Then once the nurse left he promptly told me I had to get on the exam table! Vince thought hearing the heart beat of the baby was neat. When I had to go get blood drawn he took my hand and said the same thing to me again. The nurse told him he was in charge of my band aid. He thought that was awesome. An hour later it fell off by itself and he was not happy because he didn't tell me I could take it off yet!
We have an ultrasound picture of the baby from a few months back on the fridge. It looks like a white spec on the ultrasound picture. Today while we were eating lunch Vince said "That's your baby on the fridge." I said "Yes it is, but it is a lot bigger now" Vince replied "Yes and your belly is bigger now too, like a monster truck!" Just wait until he sees how big my belly gets! Vince has several opinions about the baby. He is convinced it is a girl and he want to name her Dinosaur Meatball Stewart! While that is a very unique name I don't think it will make it on the girl name list. The boy name list has nothing on it right now, so we may be stuck with Dinosaur Meatball.
The farm also got a new addition this week, but it isn't little! Our new combine came this week! It is a Claas Lexion 760 combine (CAT Yellow) on tracks. It is a new and improved version of the one we had and will push our current 16 row corn head. My brother-in-law Bob does most of the combining, so he will be the one enjoying most of the improvements. The boys and I do go out and ride in the combine but the only thing the 3 of us are concerned about are the comfort of the buddy seat! That is not totally true, we do want it to work well and efficiently and make harvest as smooth as possible. Vince is excited for harvest and I am sure he will be spending a lot of time in a grain cart tractor and semi with Brad or the combine with Bob. I tell him that harvest will start when the corn is all yellow. He can hardly wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment