About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Big City

Monday my dad, sister Jill, the boys and I went to Chicago to visit my other sister Alyse.  I had been wanting to take the boys to go visit her and see her apartment all summer and we finally made it!  I was smart enough to make it into a big group event so I wasn't on my own with the boys.  Vince was very happy to be there and kept calling it "-cago"  He announced that it was a big city and it was ginormous.  Vince thinks sidewalks are the best thing and loves to see them.  Then there was a park with a splash park in it across the street from Alyses's apartment.  The boys loved it!  The only problem was every time Vince got wet he would take his clothes off, luckily he left his pull-up on.


Walking Joel

Scott and Vince

Vince....

Nanno walking Joel
Vince and I enjoying the slide

Alyse and Jill

Napping on the way to the zoo
My kids are not used to streets and traffic.  We have 3 other houses on our road and our road just isn't that busy.  Vince did great and stayed close to us and followed directions when he wasn't in the stroller.  Joel was good in the stroller but was not happy to be in there all day, but when we let him out we had problems.  Joel just wanted to take off running and was mad and sat down if anyone tried to hold his hand  I thought I had our little backback harness for little kids with me, but I couldn't find it in the truck.  What I did find was a slip leash from work that was left in my truck.  What a blessing.  I put it around his waist, slid it up under his arms and we were in business.  He was happy to be walking and I was happy he wasn't running into the street!  We did get a couple funny looks when we were at the zoo.

Auntie Jill and Joel watching a giraffe

Nanno and Joel

Vince, Aunt Alyse, Joel and Auntie Jill

We spent the day walking to the zoo, seeing my sister's neighborhood, eating and laughing.  Alyse's boyfriend, Scott, spent the day with us and was kind enough to push the stroller thru the zoo empty and later with Joel sitting in it crying!  The place we went for dinner didn't have any highchairs or booster seats, so we settled for a booth and put Joel on the inside.  My family was able to experience Joel's eating techniques first hand.  Joel was enjoying taking a hand full of pasta from his bowl and then a hand full of my salad.  He was a mess!   I was definitely grateful to have my family around to help with Vince and Joel all day.  Vince loved having the extra attention, especially from my dad!


Vince swinging

Checking out my dad's iphone

Group picture
Thanks to Alyse and Jill for sharing their pictures with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment