About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A teaching moment

At the graduation party this weekend my mom had rented a port-a-potty so that she didn't have a ton of kids in and out of her house.  Part way thru the evening Vince said he wanted to go use it.  I was busy with Joel, so I asked Brad to take him.  My sister Jill quickly volunteered, such a good auntie.  After awhile I still hadn't seen Jill or Vince but figured everything was fine.  That's when Brad told me that Jill kept opening the door to the port-a-potty and she might need help.  I was nervous!  When I walked over there Vince was mad I was there and Jill was thrilled to see me.  It turns out Vince decided he needed to go number 1 and 2 and Jill didn't know what to do.  We don't have any brothers and she was pretty sure someone was going to end up wet and I don't think she wanted it to be her.  Before I arrived she called her boyfriend over and he told her it would be fine, but she wasn't convinced.  I reassured her that Vince knew what to do and wouldn't pee on her while he was sitting down.  I guess she said to Vince a couple times "I don't really know how this works".  He responded "Don't worry, I do."  I was very proud of Jill that she didn't take off running as soon as I walked over to the port-a-potty.  Jill and Vince both lived through the experience and I don't think anybody was scarred for life.  Jill will just be better prepared in case she ever has a little boy!

Auntie Jill a little nervous

Vince was mad I was taking his picture

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!! I just saw this. Hilarious!! What a fun memory :)

    ReplyDelete