About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our everyday life...

Monday Brad had jury duty but didn't have to serve, so he was home working around the house and yard.  He was able to experience first hand things that sometimes I forget to mention to him or I forget to mention the frequency of the events, because they have become the norm for the boys and I during the day.  Not that I necessarily want them to the be norm, but that is my life right now and a sense of humor is definitely helpful!  Here is a list of some things we consider normal in our household that may worry visitors:

1.  Vince taking off all his clothes (usually including his underwear or pull-up) and running around the house and climbing on every piece of furniture yelling "I a naked kid, I a naked kid" and Joel running after him squealing with delight.

2.  Joel and Vince doing laps (we are talking at least 30 a piece) around either the dining room table or kitchen island.  Occasionally one of them switches directions and then a crash can occur.  This most often occurs in the evening, but not always.

3.  Dance parties on the cow rug.  Vince loves when we turn on the stereo and dance on or around the cowhide rug in the living room.  Joel has been been learning to dance too!  These are actually fun most of the time!

4.  Me (or Brad) yelling to Vince to shut the bathroom door or running for it ourselves.  Joel is a toilet diver!  He finds great joy playing in the toilet, climbing in or on the toilet and throwing things in the toilet.  The problem is we can't lock the bathroom door or the toilet because Vince needs easy access.

5.  Chairs on the counter and chairs/couches/furniture creatively arranged so that Joel can't climb on the radiators.  They can't be comfortable to climb on but he takes great joy in getting up there and walking across them as he pounds on the picture window.

6.  Me not always getting a shower before 3pm (naptime!).  I am pretty sure Brad thought I was always showered and dressed right away, but it just isn't always possible.

7.  Joel stealing food or objects right out of Vince's hand or off Vince's plate and then taking off running with a grin on his face.  We call him "Swiper."

8.  Me being a human jungle gym...I don't understand it but the boys seem to believe that it is fun to climb all over me, no matter if I am sitting or standing!

So, if small, naked, dancing children that climb everything bother you don't stop by our house unannounced.  If you have a sense of humor and want to be entertained or serve as a human jungle gym feel free to stop by anytime.

The reason the food is up high and the chairs are usually on the counter.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to let you know I am following your blog! My husband is in the IALF program with yours. You do a great job of posting frequently (I don't do so well on mine.) I am getting caught up in adding/editing photos. Hopefully I can get over that here soon. Anyway, great job with your blog!! Have a great rest of the week;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica- Thank you for reading my blog! I went and checked your blog out yesterday. I liked the posts about your barn cat and kittens. Looking forward to reading more about your farm!---Kelli

    ReplyDelete