About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Appreciation Dinner

Every August our farm hosts an appreciation dinner for our landlords, suppliers, employees and other people we do business with in the course of the year.  If you want to talk farming it is the place to be!  You can find someone to discuss anything from owning land to crop insurance to marketing and equipment.  It is a nice relaxed atmosphere to mingle with everyone and get to know the people we do business with better.  Plus there is a ton of good food and bouncy houses to entertain the kids.  My sister in law Sarah does most of the planning and does a wonderful job.  My mother-in-law usually does the center pieces, but she was out of town this year so my niece did them.  They turned out very well and were all made with flowers from my inlaws' garden.  Vince spent the entire night, minus the time I forced him to eat, on the bouncy houses.  Between that and helping clean up he was exhausted and slept in the next day!  I was thankful to not have to wake up with the sun.  Joel had fun all night too, especially cleaning up.  He was pushing the chair dolly all around the shop, even when it was loaded!  Needless to say, Joel also slept in the next morning.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves and will join us again next year!

Vince and the obstacle course
He could climb up faster than some of the big kids
Trying to help his friend
Lots of smiles when they came down the slide
Side Note.  Before the appreciation dinner the boys and I went to buy a new charger for my camera.  I had told them where we were going and what we were looking for.  Vince said "Mommy, they might not have it there."  I told him he was right and asked him if I should throw a fit if they didn't have it.  Of course he responded "yes"  Well the store had the charger.  When we were walking out I said "Aren't you glad they had the charger"  Vince responded "No, I wanted you to throw a fit!"


Having fun!

It is a big drop for little kids

The cupcakes

One of the centerpieces...I wish I had a better picture


Yummy gift to take home!




Joel in the tractor

Clean up time!

Vince's turn to help

Keith looking worried about Joel getting hurt
Keith supervising, such a good cousin!

Vince helping carry chairs

Joel pushing the chairs.  He did move them!


No comments:

Post a Comment