About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, August 5, 2011

My wedding ring

Thursday on my way to work I realized that I accidentally left my ring in the cleaner solution in the bathroom.  I felt naked all day and it reminded me that I never wrote about losing my ring this June.  At the end of May one of the prongs on my ring broke, well at least that is when I noticed it and took it to be fixed.  After a couple weeks of being repaired I was able to pick up my ring!  I was thrilled to have it back, but I ended up losing it the next day.

The day I lost my ring it was a crazy Friday at work and I had a really messy case...a dog that had been constipated for weeks!  Things started getting messy and my hands were dirty so I just slid my ring into my scrub shirt pocket.  No big deal, except for the fact that I changed my scrub shirt 3 times that day due to my messy case.  By the end of the day I was happy to be going home and I left the clinic.  The next day was Saturday and that afternoon I realized my ring was missing.  I panicked and started texting people from work to see if they had seen my ring...no such luck.  My heart sank.  Then I said the St. Anthony prayer several times and sent a message to the evening kennel worker and asked her to keep an eye out for it.  I had asked her to put it in the surgery room if she found it.  We had plans all weekend and I wasn't going to be able to go look for my ring myself until Sunday.  I didn't tell Brad my ring was missing because I didn't want him to freak out before I had a chance to scour the clinic for it.  Plus, I felt bad for not even realizing it was missing until Saturday afternoon.  I wasn't used to wearing it again after being with out it for 2 weeks while it was getting fixed. 

Sunday Joel and I headed to the clinic prepared to turn the place upside down looking for my ring.  Joel is really good at making a mess so I figured he would have fun.  Before I got started I checked the surgery room to make sure it hadn't already been found.  There it was sitting on the speaker in surgery!  I was thrilled, Joel was probably disappointment he didn't get to make a mess.  On my way back from the clinic I called Brad and told him what had happened.  He was pretty happy not knowing ahead of time!

A month later I finally remembered to ask where the ring was found.  It was just laying on the ground between the washer and dryer!  A small miracle it was found!

No comments:

Post a Comment