About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, August 12, 2011

A Graduation/Welcome Party

Jumping on the trampoline with cousins
Trampoline time


My youngest sister Kennidy and her best friend Annie (my blonde sister) graduated from 8th grade this year and start high school in a few weeks.  This weekend there was a graduation party for them at my parents' house.  Before we could go to the party we had a busy morning.  We managed to leave the house on time, get to the farm, move the sprayer to the last field that needed to be sprayed, get to church early, spray the field after church and get to the party.  We were a little late for the party but not very much and both kids slept in the car!  Doesn't get much better than that.


Annie and Kennidy


Jill, Me and Alyse
My family has a trampoline and I believe it is the same one we got when I was in high school.  Kennidy used to love to jump on it and always wanted one of her older sisters to jump on the trampoline with her.  It was fun at first, but it got old after awhile.  Many years later I am able to laugh as Vince begs Kennidy to jump on the trampoline with him.  The best part is that a lot of Kennidy and Annie's friends were at the party and Vince kept going up to 1 or 2 of them and asking them very politely to please jump on the trampoline with him.  Sometimes it was accompanied by a hug, which very few of the kids, including the guys, could resist.  Vince was like their mascot.  He was always surrounded by several of the kids, being carried around and catered to all night.  I hardly saw him.  I finally had to track him down to make sure he ate dinner.  He was not pleased to be taken away from his new friends, even for a few minutes.  Later in the night he tried to move on to my other sister's friends, but didn't seem to have as much luck!

Vince trying his charm on Tina's friends, he didn't get very far.


Joel on his 3rd outfit for the night.  My little messy eater.
Joel and Dunkin.  It was easy keeping track of both of them when they were together.
The second part of the party at my parent's this week was to welcome my family's foreign exchange student, Tina, from Belgium.  Tina is a senior in high school and will be staying with them for 1 year.  She is so brave!  I don't think I could have ever done that.  Tina is very sweet and will be a nice addition to the family.  It will be fun getting to know her this year!  She is jumping right into high school life and has made the dance team, which hopefully will help her create several friendships outside of our family.

Tina!

Vince hanging out with the big kids playing volleyball

No comments:

Post a Comment