About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baseball Game!

This week several people from church were getting together to attend a minor league baseball game.  The four of us were supposed to go, but Brad ended up having to go to Farmer City.  I didn't want to take the boys by myself, so my mother in law was nice enough to take Joel for the evening while Vince, my nephew (Keith) and I went to the game.  My nephew is about 4 years older than Vince and Vince thinks he is the coolest thing ever!  It was about a 30-40 min drive to the game and I am pretty sure Vince never stopped talking to Keith the entire time.  I was teasing Keith that I would bring ear plugs for him next time, but he said he thought Vince was kind of interesting.

Vince has been noticing cemeteries lately and really wants to know what they are all about.  We have tried explaining it to him, but since he really doesn't understand death we don't get far.  We finally told him that when you die you go to heaven and get to hang out with God and that the stones in the cemetery tell people who died.  On the way to the baseball game we passed at least 3 cemeteries.  Vince kept saying "Keith, we going to the cemetery and die so we can go play with God in heaven"  Keith very patiently tried to give Vince more facts and details about cemeteries and death, but didn't get any farther than Brad and I.  Vince replied "Keith I going to drive you to the cemetery and we are going to die and go to heaven and play with God."  Vince was really excited!  At this point Keith may have been regretting his decision to join us at the baseball game.  I told Keith that if he let Vince drive him somewhere they probably would die because Vince can't see over the steering wheel.  Luckily that got the boys talking about driving, cars, and the Gator at Grandma's and we were able to leave our pleasant conversation about death.

The game was fun and it was nice spending some time with Keith!  I am not sure who had more fun having Keith around, me or Vince!

1 comment: