About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Our week in the heat

We made it thru the week even with the high temps and no air conditioning.  We spent time swimming and playing with cousins.  Joel had fun in the water and Vince mostly did when I could convince him to get in the pool.  Vince mostly liked running around the pool deck and counting to 3 for his cousins to jump in!
A bunch of floatation devices for the pool deck

Vince counting to 3

Cousins all jumping in

Still one on the deck

I'll just stay here!

Grandma and my youngest niece

Really good spectator
Loving life!


Fun with a cowboy hat
We spent time at my grandparents where they spoiled my children, let us enjoy the air conditioning and the children explore/mess up their house.


A little sleepy


Hanging out with Papa Ron

However we spent one of the hottest days at home.  We had several offers to go to other people's houses, but boys and I were tired of driving and just wanted to stay home.  So we spend the day oscillating between the camper in the shed, the shade in the backyard and the house.  We only went to the house when it was time to eat or to grab more toys or supplies for the camper.  Here is a picture of my downstairs thermostat on Wednesday around 5pm.

My children sweating and watching a movie waiting for dinner

Downstairs thermometer at 5 pm--the time on it never got changed
Brad wanted to know what the upstairs thermostat read but we didn't even venture upstairs, that would have been torture!  Luckily for the boys our babysitter was kind enough to watch the boys at her house in the air conditioning yesterday and today.  The good news is our air conditioning is set to be up and running by Sunday evening!  I am very excited.  I am very grateful for the camper and the relief it provided from the heat but keeping 2 active boys entertained in there was difficult.  There were several times were I felt like a human jungle gym!

While we were trying to stay cool all week Brad was in Farmer City spraying fungicide on the corn and beans.  I am sure it wasn't a cool job, but they do have AC in the vehicles and a cool hotel room at night.  My favorite time of year to ride in the sprayer is during fungicide season.  It feels like you are gliding on top of the corn.  Hopefully the boys and I will be able to ride along sometime this week when he is going around home.  I will try to post some pictures or a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment