About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Golden Birthday

Today was Vincent's golden birthday.  It was kind of a strange day because we spent a lot of today getting ready for his birthday party tomorrow.  We started the day by singing "Happy Birthday" which he loved and then let Vince choose what we had for breakfast and dinner.  For breakfast he chose waffles, which are Brad's specialty.  For dinner he chose mac 'n cheese and waffles.  A strange combination, but I can honestly say that is the second time we have had those two things together at one meal!  I still find it a little disgusting.

Our first family photo

Vincent about 1 week old


The day was probably ideal in Vince's eyes.  We went to church and he got to play in the nursery with his friends.  Then we stopped by the farm to pick up some stuff for Brad and Vince got to wander around the shop and "help me" find everything on our list.  When we got home and played with legos for awhile, had lunch and then it was nap time.  I let the boys nap in the camper, but it may be the last time.  I went to check on them 45 min after I thought they were asleep.  The door to the camper was locked and the boys were having a lot of fun!  Joel was still in the pack 'n play, so at least I had that going for me.  I went to get Brad when I couldn't get Vince to unlock the door.  Luckily there is a way to get into the back thru the storage area.  About the time I manage to squeeze in that way Vince finally was able to unlock the door for Brad.  So the boys came in the house and played some more.  I put one of Vince's movies on and he was asleep in 2 min on the couch, which is his favorite place to nap! Vince was able to have plenty of time with just Brad and I tonight.  Joel never napped all so he was in bed early!  Vince was able to try out his new swings on his swing set, lay in the hammock, and chase fireflies, and then run around the house naked for awhile before bed!  I think he had a good day.
Vince's 1st birthday

Vince's 2nd birthday and Dinosaur Train cake

As you can probably guess I was the only one unhappy about not being on our normal schedule today.  Guess I will either be up late getting ready for the party or getting up early.  Joel does wake up at 5:30am lately, so early morning it will be!  I have promised Vince a monster truck cake...hopefully it will live up to his expectations.

Vince in June helping set up the pool

No comments:

Post a Comment