About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Party

Vince has been talking about his birthday party and "planning" since Joel's birthday in April.  It really is the first birthday he has had where he completely understands everything that goes along with it: a theme, cake, friends, presents, etc.  As tough as it was for him to wait for his birthday it has been fun to see him plan for the party.  After Joel's birthday he decided that he wanted to have a monster truck party.  I thought he would change his mind along the way but he didn't!  I am not big into decorating for parties and making fancy cakes is not something I do, but I didn't want to buy a cake and I didn't want to disappoint Vincent.  A friend of mine at work who actually knows how to make cakes found some pictures online of monster truck cakes.  Several of them were way beyond my skill level, but then she found the perfect one and gave me some pointers!  I printed off the picture and I have been caring it around in my purse for over a month.  I showed it to Vince a couple weeks ago and he loved it and started carrying the picture around the house.  The anticipation was getting to both of us.  Monday morning I started the creation and let Vince pick out the trucks and cars we needed.  Not only did it look great, but it tasted great as well!

Birthday boy and his monster truck cake



We had a great party with family and friends.  Brad has been working on the tree house/swing set and was able to finish the swings and the sandbox, so the kids had lots of fun playing!  Although there was the occasional smashing of other peoples sandcastles and throwing sand, yes it was the birthday boy.  The adults had fun talking and it all ended with water balloons and a visit from a parade float (which was like a large petting zoo).  I think everyone had a good time!  Here are some pictures.


My 2 youngest sisters

The first sand castle!



Using Dunkin to make Joel happy



Opening presents


Stealing Vince's presents before Vince opens them

Nanno helping to open the Lightning McQueen tent
Trying out Cars chair Grandma Dawn gave him
More sisters
Hammock rides
Joel admiring Vince's cake
Dad and daughter

Cousins
Auntie Jill and Vince

Nanno and Vince

Lining up for water balloons!
My brother and sister in law's parade float for their VBS program
Joel checking out the calves

Vince thanking Uncle John for his new tractor



Boys playing innocently and my niece getting ready to attack someone with a water balloon

No comments:

Post a Comment