About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, July 18, 2011

I love living in the country!

There are several reasons I like living in the country.  I love living on a quiet road with little traffic, our kids have plenty or room to run, we can have the horses at our house, and it is peaceful.   Lately there have been new reasons I love it...my children don't always have to be completely dressed when they are running around the yard, Vince can just pee outside which makes potty training a lot easier, and when your kids are doing silly or slightly unsafe things you don't have to hear the gasps of your neighbors!

The boys love driving around in Vince's battery operated Gator.  Actually they love driving anything and know how to start vehicles, but the only things they are allowed to drive are the Gator and Joel's power wheels 4 wheeler.  Vince is really getting good at steering and going in reverse, I think of it as training to eventually be able to mow the yard.  He loves to crash into the toy ride on car we have and push it around the yard, no problem as long as Joel isn't in it.  Yes, that has happened once, but luckily the fence stopped both of them!  Yesterday Joel climbed in the Gator and Vince quickly jumped in to give him a ride.  They took off doing laps around the house.  They do this a lot and Joel is pretty good at holding on, so I don't worry as much as I used to, plus we have gates across the driveway.  Keep in mind that Vince only drives fast, he does not believe in using the slower gear.  Yesterday they decided they wanted our dog Bristol in the Gator with them.   I don't know whose idea it was but I know Brad told Bristol to get in because she won't listen to the boys.

At one point Vince stopped and got out and Joel jumped in the driver's seat.  Instead of arguing with him Vince just jumped in and drove from the passenger seat.  It was interesting to watch!  Below are some videos and they are a little shaky because I was laughing.  Should I have stopped filming and made them stop, maybe, but Brad was standing by me and I figured he could rush in and help them if he thought they were in trouble.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Kelli - they could NOT be any cuter ... and it is probably a good things that you aren't giving any neighbors grey hairs watching your kids be kids! PS - I think they are positively brilliant!! Not many kids could just get in and drive from the other side!

    ReplyDelete