About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Short stories from this weekend

Brad likes to joke around and when certain things happen on the farm, at home, or with the kids he will say "Oh that is bloggable" or "I bet you are going to write about that."  Most of the time he is correct!
Here are a few short stories that I just couldn't resist sharing.

Bristol getting special treatment

 Before we left for Michigan we stopped by the farm to drop Bristol off and fill the tires on the camper.  Brad decided to wash the truck too.  Joel and I went for a walk and Vince stayed back to help Brad.  When we came back I found two happy boys, but one of them was very wet!
Daddy's helper

On our way to Michigan this past weekend we had stopped to get dinner.  It was about 7:30pm.  The kids were tired of being in the car and needed to run around a little, they were hungry and excited to be on an adventure.  Brad gave Vince the choice between steak and fish.  Vince said he wanted steak.  We don't eat steak very often I don't think he really knew what steak was, but he wanted some.  The restaurant was decorated like a car repair shop and the boys enjoyed that, but it did not help them sit still.  Joel was crawling out of his highchair, Vince kept trying to leave the table and go see the games and Brad and I took turns chasing them or taking them to pretend to play the arcade games.  It resulted in only 1 adult being present at the table at a time surrounded by 3 empty seats.  The waitress thought it was odd, but I enjoyed eating my salad in peace.  Then we all ate dinner together.  When the boys were done eating then Brad got to finish his dinner in peace.  It was the most exhausting dinner I have ever had at a restaurant!  Once we have 3 children we are not going out for dinner unless Brad and I are on a date!  I am sure that will change when they get older but the thought of it is intimidating!

I wanted the boys to eat an early dinner before the wedding, because the wedding started at 6:30pm.  So I made some food took it outside to Brad and the boys and went back in the camper to get ready.  We didn't have a picnic table, so I told the boys to sit on the ground and have a picnic.  They look like little animals!

My little animals!
At the wedding Vince fell asleep before the dancing started.  He loves to dance, so I was sad that he missed out on it.  However, Brad brought Joel on the dance floor and he loved it!  Joel also stayed awake long enough for wedding cake.  He enjoyed himself!

Joel was pulling Vince's hair and Vince was trying to get away
On the way home we stopped by my work to pick up our cat and one of our dogs, Maisy.  Bristol our other dog was with my father-in-law for the weekend.  My work is in a small strip mall area.  We parked the truck and camper by a pizza place.  Placed our order and then walked across 3 parking lots to the opposite end to my clinic.  I wish I had a picture of us as we were walking back to the camper.  We probably looked homeless.  Brad was pushing the double stroller with a cat in a carrier on one side and a 50 lbs bag of dog food on the other side.  I had Joel in a carrier on my back and Vince was helping me walk Maisy.  Half way back Vince decided pushing the stroller would be easier.  We made it back to the camper with several funny stares from shoppers but no major mishaps and we were on time for our pizza order.


When we were unpacking the camper I decided to put the boys to work.  They are 1 and 3 and old enough to be helpful not usually, but this time they actually were.  I put them both in Vince's gator and told them to drive to the camper.  I would fill the back of the gator with things that needed to go to the house and they would drive to the back door where Brad would unload the gator.  Then they would drive back to the camper!  It actually went pretty well until one of the last loads when the tailgate opened up. 

Brad directing the boys




1 comment: