The other morning Joel woke up at 4:15 am screaming and crying. I let him go for a little while, but he was not giving up. Joel used to cuddle as a baby and still does when he is tired, but in the middle of night or early morning he doesn't want anything to do with cuddling. I had to work that morning and I was not real happy about his decision to get up early and Brad was out of town so I was on my own. I grabbed a sippy cup for him and turned on a movie in my room and hoped he would fall asleep. After an hour of tossing and turning and pulling my hair I put him back in his crib. At about that time Vince woke up due to all the commotion. He told me "Mommy I take a short nap." Joel wasn't about to go back to bed since Vince was up. We all went back to my bed to watch a movie. At about the time my alarm went off Joel fell asleep on my arm and our dog Maisy was sleeping with her head on my leg. Vince turned off the alarm on my phone and announced that he needed a drink. I wasn't about to move and wake Joel up so I told Vince that his sippy cup had milk in it in the fridge and he could go get it himself. A few minutes later Vince returned with a package of hot dogs. He asked so politely if I could open them for him, so I helped hm open them and he ate one cold at about 6:10 am. I was disgusted and Vince was thrilled! For the next 40 minutes Vince played games on my phone and kept turning off my alarms and Joel napped on my arm. Finally I tried to sneak away to the shower, but Joel and Maisy woke up. Eventually I was able to get ready for work, but by the time I arrived at work I felt like it was already noon and it was only 8:30am.
Joel getting up early is not a one time affair. It is his new favorite thing to do. He likes to wake up between 4-5:30am, when he wakes up he wants to go downstairs play, eat, have something to drink, and watch Veggietales. This has been going on 5 out of 7 days a week and has been going on for 2-3 weeks. I am hoping he decides to start sleeping in soon or at least just on the days I work. Joel is lucky he is cute and that I love him so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment