About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I will never understand

I will never understand the mind of a 3 year old.  I try and I try but ignorance may be bliss.  We went to Michigan this past weekend for Brad's cousin's wedding.  The wedding and reception were beautiful.  We left Friday night and encountered a lot of traffic, but we were not without entertainment.  Vince never stopped talking for most of the trip there and back, minus a couple hours for napping.


Finally quiet holding his balloon sword

On the way up there we were telling the boys about the campground we were planning on staying at for the weekend.  We told them they had paddle boats that you peddled like a bike with your feet.  Vince thought it was hilarious and Joel laughed because Vince was laughing.  We explained that we would do the peddling and Vince and Joel would just ride along.  Vince said "Someday when I big, I will peddle a boat and I will have a wife and she can peddle too."  After repeating this a couple times to make sure we all understood he added "Daddy, someday you can be my wife!"
Funny faces in the camper

Joel kept trying to jump in
Later on the car trip Vince was saying in a mean bad guy tone "Mommy I am going to flush your baby down the toilet.  Then I am going to flush Joelly down the toilet too.  Hahaha"  He then went on to repeat different versions of that for about 10 min.  We told him that it wasn't nice to say that, but he said he was a monster!  Brad and I had to control our laughing and warned Joel to stay away from any toilets for the weekend.


Mommy and her boys
When we were leaving the campground this weekend we talked about going to the zoo before heading home.  On the 25 min drive to the zoo both kids fell asleep.  Brad and I debated for 2 minutes about what to do and quickly decided that driving the 4 hour drive with the kids asleep for most likely 1/2 of it was a good idea and that we would make it up to the boys for the zoo trip later.  When Vince woke up 2 hours later he asked if we were almost to the zoo and we said no and stopped for ice cream.  Then after we stopped for dinner later Vince asked again about the zoo and we told him we would go a different day because he was napping when we got there so we just kept driving.  Vince's response was "But I am all rested up and now I have energy for the zoo."  Poor kid!  He will probably never fall asleep in the car again because he might miss going somewhere fun.

Joel loved swimming in the pond
Sunday night we arrived home after a long car ride.  It was nice in the yard and everyone was happy to be home and out of the car!  Brad, Vince and Joel were laying in the hammock together and I brought out some freeze pops.  Vince and Joel were thrilled!  After Vince finished his, he turned to Brad who still had part of his popsicle left and said "Daddy, God say to share with me."  Neither Brad nor I responded immediately, so Vince repeated himself.  "Daddy, God says to share."  Brad handed over the last bite of his popsicle and said "I can't argue with that."  Joel did not think it was very fair!

Vince finally relaxed and like swimming with Daddy
I was surprised Brad gave in so easily, but Vince said it in such a sweet tone that Brad just couldn't resist.  Truth be told I wouldn't have been able to resist either.  Vince called me his sweet golden princess all weekend and gave me hugs and kisses constantly and probably could have gotten anything he wanted from me as well.

Joel happy because he finally got a turn in the Cars chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment