About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Air Conditioning

Since Sunday night we have had air conditioning!  It is a first for our household and we are all enjoying it quite a bit.  By "all" I mean my kitchen cabinets, my computer, the woodwork, the boys, the dogs, cat, the babysitter, Brad and I.  It is really only upstairs but it is having an affect downstairs!  The house has gone from a place we avoided on hot days to a spot everyone is begging to be.  The dogs stand at the door and don't even want to go in the basement anymore, which was formally the cool spot in the house.  We can now invite people over and not feel guilty about subjecting them to our hot house.  I do think the camper misses us a little!

Vince knows where the thermostat is for the air conditioning and how to change it.  The other day he changed it to 83 while I was taking a shower.  I didn't discover that for several hours later!  Vince also now has an obsession with the air conditioning unit, vents and all the components of it.  After Paul installed the air conditioning he showed Brad and Vince everything.  I am talking outside, inside, and everything they installed in the attic.  Vince soaked it all up.  Several times this week while we were outside he asked to go look at the air conditioning unit.  So we stop playing in the yard and walk over and stare at it.  Joel doesn't seem to be impressed, but Vince thinks it is wonderful.  He also tries to convince me that we need to go upstairs and look at all the air conditioning 'pipes' in the attic.  He does not like the word "no" or "why don't you ask Daddy when he gets home."  At night we need to discuss the vents in his room and why they are there and what they do.  I love his curiosity and the fact that he is no longer obsessed with the pipes in the basement, but it is getting a little old.  I am starting to think I should have gone on the tour with Paul so I could accurately tell Vince how everything works.  Right now I am half making things up, but as far as Vince and Joel know I am an expert in plumbing and air conditioning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment