About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Take me out to the ball game



Last Wednesday night we drove to my grandparents town to watch the Sycamore Liners play baseball.  That’s kind of a lie.  Brad watched the game, I mostly talked and made sure the boys didn’t run away.  It was all going well and the plan was to leave and go get ice cream part way through the game.  Then it started lightning, the sky was black and rumor had it a big storm with high winds was headed  our direction.   I was excited because we really could use the rain.  So we packed up and decided not to get ice cream right then.  

Group photo...Joel insisted on wearing his hat

The kids were not happy because I had promised ice cream.  The boys never forget when I say I am going to do something.  I learned early on with Vince how important it is to not agree to do something or tell him about any plans that might not happen.  He will remember.  It might not be right then, but a few days later he will bring it up.  So when I know something isn’t 100% going to occur I use the word maybe, but I told him we were getting ice cream, so I had to deliver.

Papa, Brad and Cecilia watching the game

On the way home we went a little out of our way to an ice cream shop/restaurant.   It was close to 9pm when we stopped for ice cream.  The kids were in really good moods and were excited to have so many choices of ice cream flavors.  We found out that Joel will be very quick to follow directions when chocolate ice cream is on the line.


How much rain did we get?  A few drops, literally! 

No comments:

Post a Comment