About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Date Night!

There is something that Brad and I don't do often, we don't go on dates.  It's not that we don't want to, between a busy schedule and having to find a babysitter, we just don't go on dates.  We get a rare night out at weddings, conferences and such but a date for just the two of us is rare.  Actually the last time we had a date was in October for my birthday.

Brad was gone most of last week, he was spraying down south for a couple days and a conference in Chicago for 3 days at the end of the week.  I spent the week not getting very much sleep because Joel was learning how to sleep in a big boy bed.  It wasn't going very well, especially nap time!  Nap time was almost nonexistent and Joel was getting up at 5:40am instead of 6:40-7am.  On top of that I hardly got to talk to Brad when he was at his conference and that makes me miss him even more.

As I was driving home from work on Friday I was thinking to myself that I really wanted to go on a date with Brad.  Minutes later Brad called and asked me if I wanted to go on a date.  He had arranged a babysitter (Grandma Diane, Kristine and Karoline) and we just needed a plan of where to go.  I was thrilled even though my exhausted body just wanted to come home and sit on the couch.

We ended up going to a cute Mexican restaurant in the downtown area of a nearby town.  For some reason we never go to that town and I don't know why because it is really cute!  The food at the restaurant was decent, the entertainment was cute, and the margarita was delicious!  I drank mine and then offered to help Brad with his.  I rarely drink anymore and one margarita was more than enough, but it tasted so good!

After dinner we walked through a gorgeous city park and sat in the dark by a water fountain that had a statue of President Lincoln in the middle of it.  We talked, uninterrupted for a least an hour.  No, "mommy I got something to tell you" or small children trying to bite and pinch to get our attention.  It was a wonderful few hours together but alone.  Now to figure out how to make date nights happen more than once every 9 months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment