About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Getting ready for a party!

Saturday afternoon we needed to get ready for Vince's birthday party that we were having the next day.  We had grocery shopping and cleaning to do and a birthday cake to make.  Brad and I decided that dividing and conquering was the best approach.  After the kids woke up from their naps Brad and Joel headed out to do the shopping and other errands and Vince, Cecilia and I stayed home.


Cecilia helping us bake a cake. 

Vince, Cecilia and I cleaned, helped Vince spend birthday money on a leappad game, baked his birthday cake and cleaned Vince's room.  Vince had requested a construction cake.  So I had bought some construction toys for the top of the cake.  I was sure there was an excavator and as Vince was inspecting them at the house, as we planned where on the cake they were going, I was informed there was no excavator.  I swore there was one and Vince proceeded to explain to me that it was a backhoe and not an excavator.  For the record I do know the difference but I did not look closely enough at the package of toys.  Luckily we had a small toy excavator that we were able to use.


Vince getting ready to help make the cake and eat the batter.  He dressed himself and he may have been dancing.

The cake in the planning stages

Brad and Joel had a fun night.  It include a trip to the farm, a ride in the Ranger, grocery store, Rural King, and then back home.  I think they even ate somewhere in all their running around.  Brad said Joel was a happy boy, a lot of fun and very good.


Top view of the finished product

Side view

When they got home Joel was still awake even though it was 9:30pm.  Vince was still awake too.  Brad asked why Vince was still up and I said "because he was being fun and helpful.  Why is Joel awake?"  Brad said "Same reasons!"  It was nice to get a chance to give the boys some individual attention.  Well, Vince had to share me with Cecilia but he loves her so he really didn't notice!


I don't know who was more excited about the cake, Vincent or me!

No comments:

Post a Comment