About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Climbs


If you know anything about Joel you know he loves to climb!  It doesn't matter what it is he will attempt to climb it because...why not!


We have wire shelving in our toy closet.  Joel has never attempted to climb it until last week.  At first I thought he used toys on the floor to climb up on the shelf.  While he was up there he took the time to clear the shelf of everything it was holding.  I cleaned up the mess once he went to bed and forgot about it.


Before Joel knew I was watching him

The next day the same thing happened.  I was less amused with it this time.  So I raised the shelf 4-5 inches and moved all the toys that were under the shelf, so he couldn't use them to climb on the shelves.  Guess what?!

I really wanted all the books on the floor

It didn't work!  He was back on the shelf, cleaning it off for me and this time he had a lot less room.  At this point I was done.  I had had it.  I couldn't clean up after the mess anymore.  So I found new homes for the items on the shelf and then I decided the shelf had to go to the basement.  Brad thought I was over reacting and just moved the shelf up so it was directly under the one above it.

Joel was mad because I was taking a picture and not helping him down

It has been almost a week and he hasn't climbed!  Well, at least not in the toy closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment