About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sand and Colored Slime


We started with 3 colors of slime


So much fun!

As much fun as we have around here on a daily basis just playing with toys, playing outside and reading we still need a new activity once in awhile to entertain everyone.  So on Saturday morning the kids and I made colored slime (corn starch, water and food coloring).   It was a great messy project for outside!  The boys had a blast playing with it and Cecilia even tried to get in on the fun.  I am not sure who liked the slime more, me or the boys.


Mixing the colors


Joel wasn't so sure about it at first


Cecilia wanted in on the action


After a little while Joel decided he liked the slime


Eventually the colors all got mixed together and the kids ran off and found something else fun to do.  Then they realized I was using the hose to clean off the picnic table and soon they were back helping me clean up too.


It was 90 degrees out.  Vince insisted on wearing these pjs


We added another color and Joel starting to love the slime


Later we went to play in the sandbox and Cecilia really wanted to be in on the action, so I put her in her seat inside the sandbox.  Vince ended up building a tunnel under her seat for water.  He was having trouble so I helped.  I really didn't want her seat falling in the tunnel.  Cecilia was enjoying the sandbox and kept putting her hand in the sand, which was fine until she stuck her hand in her mouth.  Her sandbox privileges have been revoked indefinitely!


Cecilia sitting over the tunnel and sneaking some sand.


What do you mean I can't eat the sand?


Team work


No comments:

Post a Comment