About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tina leaves for home

On Sunday Tina headed back to Belgium!  The kids and I went out to my mom's to see her the Wednesday before she left.  Alyse was there too and they were getting ready for Tina's going away party on Wednesday night.  I am pretty sure the kids and I being there was absolutely not helpful.

Me and Tina
Aunt Kasi and Cecilia

Well maybe a little helpful.  Kennidy watched Cecilia while I helped my mom a little bit.  Kennidy claims she doesn't like babies as much as toddlers, but she spent a lot of time holding Cecilia while we were there.

Me, Cecilia and Kennidy...I love this picture


Kennidy and Cecilia...I love this one too

Vince "helped" set up the volleyball net.  It was loud as they were pounding the stakes into the ground.   So Tina kept covering Vince's hears and my mom was covering Alyse's ears.  It was comical!  Somehow during the process he gained control of the hose and chased my mom, Alyse, Kasi and Tina with the hose.  Tina managed to get the hose back and give Vince a little taste of his own medicine.


Installing the volleyball net.  Yes it takes 4 people and a preschooler


Trying a new technique

Tina getting Vince back and Kasi trying to save him


For awhile they took a break and set up a slip 'n slide for the boys...and Alyse, Tina, Kasi and Kennidy.  Joel wasn't interested but they did finally teach Vince how to do the slip 'n slide.  Although he had his own favorite technique of jumping up and landing on his knees and sliding down.  It looked painful.

Joel collecting water guns

someone showing Vince how to use the slip 'n slide

Aunt Kasi, Vincent and Aunt Alyse...Love this one too

Joel with a bucket of water and a bucket...he was thrilled

Another popular activity is the trampoline.  Joel gets scared when he bounces more than an inch of the ground.  Vince seems to like it best when he is the only one bouncing, but always wants someone out there with him.  Growing up Kasi and Kennidy would always beg me to bounce with them and I would.  Now it is only fair that Vince begs them to jump on the trampoline! 


Kennidy, Vince, Joel and Alyse

Alyse trying to convince Joel it is fun to jump high.  He wasn't believing her.

At some point during the day Alyse decided to try her hand at a back flip on the trampoline, just to see if she could still do it.  Kennidy did a few back flips just to show Alyse up.  I thought about doing one, but right when I was about to open my mouth and tell them to move and let me show you how to do a flip Joel grabbed my hand and dragged me over toward the house to do something.  Maybe next time! 

About to flip


Kennidy doesn't seem to approve of Alyse's form


Alyse appears to be laughing at herself

Kennidy about to show Alyse up.  Alyse doubting it will happen.

Mid jump.  Check out the shadow!

Alyse finally figures out she was in the way

Unfortunately we couldn't stay for the party, but I hear it went into the wee hours of the morning!  It was a great day to relax and spend time with Tina and everyone else before Tina left.  She was an excellent addition to our family!  I see pictures of her on facebook and I think "wait, where is she?  Why aren't Kasi, Kennidy and Annie in all the pictures?"  Then I remember that she is back home in Belgium.

Vince playing bags

Aunt Kasi and Joel

Tina we loved getting to know you and have you as part of our family.  Vince is all set to drive his ginormous monster truck to your house.  If that doesn't work maybe we can try a plane sometime! 


Papa Razzi and Cecilia talking

Vince walking around in someone's flip flops.  They are only a little big.

No comments:

Post a Comment