Vince's friend Aubrey joined us at VBS this past week. Vince and Aubrey are good friends and love each other. Brad mentioned one night that Vince was hugging Aubrey a lot and kissing her. So after VBS Brad and I talked to Vince about how we don't kiss Aubrey or any other friends. To which he replied "But I love her!" I told him that is great that you love her but you can only hug her and kissing is not allowed at school. To which Vince replied "Mommy, I got something to tell you. I love her!" I said "Of course you do and that is great, but no kissing."
| Aubrey looking over at Vince |
Brad tried to tell him that Aubrey's daddy was going to get mad if he kept kissing Aubrey. He also tried to explain that Vince wouldn't like anyone kissing Cecilia and Aubrey's daddy doesn't like anyone kissing her. Brad was getting no where! That is when I again explained that there are rules at school and you can't wear diapers or pull ups and you can't kiss other people. I said "Next time you see Aubrey are you going to hug her or kiss her?" He said "I have to think about that" At this point it was late, he was exhausted and I was done arguing. Mostly because I was losing!
The next day when VBS was over Aubrey went to say goodbye to Vince. I wasn't there but I was told that Aubrey hugged him. He said "I am not supposed to kiss" and kept his arms at his side. Aubrey leaned in and kissed him on the forehead! At least he controlled himself. A couple days later I saw the two of them and heard Aubrey say "Vince hold my hand" as they were running toward their tribe leader. Apparently the love is mutual!
| Thor and some of Vince's "big girlfriends" |
Other than getting to see Aubrey, Vince loved seeing all the older kids that were at VBS. He loves his friend Thor and several of the other older girls. He called them (other than Thor) his big girlfriends. They looked after Vince, kept him safe, played with him and really treated him like a big kid. He loved it and thought it was so special. Little does he realize he is distantly related to almost all of them. It is so nice to have good mentors around to help with the younger kids! Plus it gave me 1 less thing to worry about when we were cleaning up every night after VBS. I actually heard one of the girls tell her friend "this is Vince, he is really funny!"

No comments:
Post a Comment