VBS took over our life last week! It was a great time and the kids loved it and Brad and I enjoy putting it all together. Vince actually was really upset that he doesn't get to go to church everyday this week to see his friends. The week leading up to VBS was really busy for us so I was a little behind on things around home to begin with, then VBS was the same week as Brad's birthday, Tina's departure from the USA and I worked extra day the week before and after VBS.
We literally had no time for grocery shopping and what little time we did have Brad and I were too exhausted to do anything more than just get a few basics. Laundry was clean but piled up in baskets by the washer and dryer. We ran out of disposable diapers for Joel, which isn't a huge deal because we mostly cloth diaper him, but I like to have disposable diapers around for night time and for the nursery at church. There were a couple nights where I stayed up late just to wash diapers. Joel also got to wear Vince's pull ups for a few nights.
Normally when I have to work I like to have all the diapers clean, stuffed and ready to go for our babysitter Katie. As well as having a meal plan for dinner and clean folded clothes for the kids. This week she made do with the little groceries we had and made some delicious meals, switched laundry around, stuffed diapers, kept the house clean, organized a few things and helped get the kids ready for VBS and packed a diaper bag for them on the days I worked. Yes, she is amazing!
We have been slowly getting things back in order around our house. The kids all have clean, folded clothes sitting in baskets outside their rooms. I got it all folded last night and they were already asleep so I couldn't put in away. We got groceries at 10 pm on Saturday night. It turns out hardly anyone is in the store at that time, but it is slim picking on some of the items. The diaper laundry is all caught up (for now) and we now have disposable diapers as back up if we need it. The only thing we need to work on is convincing the kids that they really can go to bed before 9:30pm. After a week of going to bed late switching back to a normal bedtime has been a little difficult. Although as long as everyone is happy I am ok with a 9pm bedtime instead of 8:30pm. Just as long as everyone is still napping and not getting up with the sun!

No comments:
Post a Comment