A couple weekends ago my nephew Keith invited Vince to come over for dinner, a movie and a sleepover. Keith and Karoline were both inviting people and Keith (who is 5 years older than Vince) picked Vince. Brad and I thought it was very sweet of Keith to invite his little cousin.
Vince has slept over at his grandparents' houses before but never had a sleepover anywhere else. He had also only ever been to one movie at a theater before. He was in for a night full of new experiences. I knew he would be fine and follow Aunt Sarah and Uncle Bob's directions, but I was worried about him having an accident, sometimes he gets too busy and just doesn't make it to the bathroom on time. All reports were that Vince was well behaved and didn't have any accidents! I was very excited. Vince was also excited, he had a great time and talked about it a lot when he got home.
It was kind of strange having Vince gone. Suddenly Joel was the oldest kid and he loved it! He was happy the whole time because there was no one to steal his toys or boss him around. Plus he got Brad all to himself for over an hour on the swing set!
The other strange thing was how quiet our house was while Vince was gone. Vince talks a lot! He always has something to say. Brad and I just couldn't get over how quiet it was with out him. It was ok for a night but any longer than that and I would miss his little voice saying "Mommy, I got something to tell you!"

No comments:
Post a Comment