About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, June 15, 2012

A girls's ride

One of the traditions when camping with my family at Lake Shelbyville is a girls' ride.  They take the horses and go for a run on a special trail.  There were too many girls to all go at the same time, so they split into two groups.  I guess the rule is that they have to have an adult with them on the trail.  My mom didn't want to go twice so I volunteered.

Kennidy back from her first girl ride of the day

Sleeping under a bug net while Mommy was riding


Mom, Kasi and Tina


Vince and Bristol. 

Vince played on the beach with Brandon while Mommy went riding

Rocket thinking about rolling.  I was hoping to get a picture of him rolling.

Kasi, Kennidy, Annie and I all went.  It was a lot of fun!  Well, it was fun after I convinced my horse that attempting to buck while running was a bad idea.  It isn't often that I get to ride horses with just my sisters and no small children helping us.  After our run we rode the horses down to the lake to get a drink.  Our campsite had a trail next to it that went down to a little cove of the lake.  The water was low so there was a nice beach area to play on.  The downside was that the water gets deep really fast.  Not a big deal unless you have small children.


Kennidy and Kasper


Kennidy surfing?



Annie


Kasi and Phoenix

Then my sisters decided we should ride the horses in the lake and let them swim.  They all went back to camp, changed into swimsuits and unsaddled their horses.  I refused to go with them.  I had no intention of going in the cold lake.  I went and grabbed my camera and headed to the beach.  Kasi had brought Rocket down there hoping someone would ride him.  I rolled up my jeans and jumped on (with Dave's help) and went in the lake with the girls.  I was mostly staying on the edge until Kasi rode up to me and said "Kelli be fun!"  She was right I was being a stick in the mud!  So Rocket and I ventured into deeper water and had some fun.

Kasi showing me how to have fun

Something was funny


Me being fun!


In the spirit of having fun Kennidy and I joked about pulling each other off our horses and into the lake while my mom was trying to take pictures of us.  Kennidy is 15 years younger than me.  For a long time I was able to physically take her, now it is about even and truth be told she probably could take me.  If she got a hold of me I had a 50/50 chance of falling in the lake.  So I took the cheap shot and untied her bikini top, just as Tina, Brandon and Vince pulled up in the canoe!  Luckily Kennidy's back was to them at the time.  If I had known they were right behind us I never would have done that!


Kasper and Kennidy swimming

Rocket swimming

Me and Rocket

Me, Annie, Kennidy and Kasi

Spending time with my mom, Kasi, Kennidy, Annie, and Tina was so wonderful!  Dave and Brandon were great too, but this post is all about the girls! 


Annie and Angel

Me and Kasi

Kennidy and me...right before I untied her bathing suit top

Annie and Kennidy

No comments:

Post a Comment