About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Major Accomplishment

For several weeks now Brad has been doing the grocery shopping at night before he comes home.  He is so wonderful!  Up until this week I haven't needed to take all 3 kids to do major grocery shopping since Awana Club ended in April.  This past week I really needed to go shopping, after our camping trip our fridge was empty, we had no bread and no milk.  It was bad!

Brad said he would go grocery shopping but I knew he had spraying that really needed to get done before it rained.  I didn't want him to have to add something else to his "to do" list.I was dreading taking the kids, but I have managed with Joel and Cecilia fine and adding Vince in should make it easier.  Wednesday after naps we loaded up and headed to the bank and the store. 

When I told Vince we were going to the bank he asked me if we were going to the up bank or the down bank.  I didn't know what he was talking about at first.  But at one bank the tubes that you put your money it go down underground and at the other bank they go up.  I had never noticed.  According to Vince the down bank gives suckers and the up bank does not.  He was very excited when we got to the bank drive thru and he could see it was the down bank!

I was grateful for the suckers because they kept the kids entertained half way thru the store.  Vince was such a helper in the store.  He did manage to convince me to buy a few things I normally don't.  It also took a little longer because halfway thru the store we needed a potty break.  Soon after that Cecilia decided she was hungry.  Returning to the bathroom or to a dressing room to feed her wasn't going to happen because then I would have had to take Joel out of the cart.  He would view that as freedom and a time to run around the store.  Going back to the car wasn't an option either because my cart was half full!  Luckily I can feed Cecilia in her pouch (my Ergo carrier) without anyone knowing what is happening (my secret is out!).  Although I did feel a little strange grocery shopping and nursing a baby at the same time!  Either way we managed to make it thru the store without losing anyone, any major meltdowns, or wardrobe malfunctions.  Plus Vince was so excited to unload the cart, load groceries into the truck and he helped me carry them all into the house.  I just loaded up his wagon, he pulled them from the truck to the back door and then I carried them inside!

Even though it went so well and I kind of had fun shopping with Vince I will still probably put off going again as long as possible!  It just isn't in me to love grocery shopping even when my helpers are actually helpful.  Truth be told even when I didn't have kids I would put off grocery shopping to the very last moment.  Even if someone delivered my groceries I would probably wait until the last second to submit my order.  I must have an anti-shopping gene in my DNA!

No comments:

Post a Comment