Our Father's Day was a busy one but it was fun. We let Brad sleep in (not an easy job around here) and made him breakfast in bed. We also brought his gift to him! The kids and I made a picture for Brad. I painted their hands and feet and put them on a canvas. It was an interesting project. I couldn't let Brad help me and every time I put paint on Cecilia's hands she would make a fist and then I would have to pry it open! She ended up with paint on her face, clothes, my arm, etc. We were both a mess. Her feet were much easier. Joel did a really good job! He hardly made any messes and followed the directions really well. Vince did a good job too. Brad really liked it, now we just need to find a place to hang it up.
 |
| Our masterpiece |
After church we met up with my dad and sisters at Arlington Race Track for an afternoon at the races. Unfortunately it was 90 degrees and all the shady spots were taken. I hadn't been to the racetrack in a long time. It was funny thinking that I used to work there and know a lot of the trainers, assistants, grooms, etc. It was only 1 season but I used to make that long drive 4-5 days a week! Although at the hours I was going there was never any traffic.
 |
| Jill, Me, my dad, and Alyse |
 |
| Joe and Vince telling stories about old pieces of wood. |
There was a petting zoo at the track and Joel loved it! It was hard to get him to leave the petting zoo. Vince wanted to go on the pony rides, but the line was very long and moving very slow, and Brad and I had not intention of standing in line. Vince was disappointed but we reminded him that we had horses at our house.
 |
| Cecilia trying to stay cool |
It was fun seeing my dad and sisters, but the race track just isn't for our kids. I should have know that before I suggested going to the track. The kids had much more fun once we got home and played on the swing set! Brad and I did too because we could relax and not have to worry about the kids as much. I think next trip to the track will either be without kids or when the kids are old enough to sit still for more than 5 minutes at a time.
 |
| Me and Brad at the track |
I'm impressed! I tried to get the boys to do handprints for Kurt... I only got one of Hunter's hands and wasn't up for a fight with Graham. Maybe next year!
ReplyDelete