| Brad preparing the garden! |
Since last year wasn't a total failure I thought instead of putting a couple plants in a large planter (where the dogs couldn't trample them) I would plant a small garden. I was hoping to do it Mother's day weekend. The Friday before Mother's day I went and bought some plants. I may have gotten a little carried away. I ended up with watermelons, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, green pepper and butternut squash plants. I also picked up some green bean, pumpkin and carrot seeds. Do I think they will all live? NO! If I plant enough plants and seeds something is going to live, right?
| The garden |
It wasn't until the following Saturday they we were finally able to plant the garden. Some of the plants didn't look real great. Brad was busy spraying most of the week and I needed him around to use the rototiller and help decide on a location for the garden. Plus he needed to have time to fix the rototiller before we could use it. By the time the kids were up from their nap Brad was ready to start and they were ready to help!
| Pumpkins starting to grow |
The plan was that once the garden was ready to plant that I would do the planting. Cecilia decided she was hungry about the time that Brad finished with his part of gardening. I was going to wait until she was done eating and then hand her off to Brad, but Vince was anxious to start planting all his plants so Brad helped him. I ended up just pushing Joel on the swing, holding Cecilia and watching Brad and Vince plant the garden.
| Still alive |
Since then I have been out there almost day watering it and yelling at the dogs if they go near it. I feel a little more pressure now that Vince is so excited about it and Brad has so much time invested in it. Maybe now that it is a family activity it will go better. Hopefully we get some fruits and veggies to enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment