About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Joel's Collection

Most kids have a security item.  Vince always had to have two blankets when we was Joel's age and currently need his polka dot blanket and he rotates between his "pets" (stuffed animals).  Joel on the other hand has unusual security items.  He appreciates a good blanket but he isn't very particular about which blanket he has with him when he is in his crib.  Really it could be one of Cecilia' blankets or even a towel and he is happy.  He also rotates what security item he can't live without.  The only thing they have in common is I wouldn't want to cuddle with any of them. 

Lately his current favorite possessions are a Veterinary Virology text book, a big toy tractor, a Tony Stewart race car and his cowboy hat.  The cowboy hat mostly stays in his crib.  The tractor he cuddles with in his crib but it ended up downstairs this week.  It is really hard to cuddle a kid that is cuddling a huge toy tractor.  Lately, the Veterinary Virology textbook wins out most of the time.  It was given to me by Brad's cousin Jen and I never used it.  Jen passed away 5 years ago and her name is on the inside cover of the book.  Brad finds it extra special that Joel picked one of her books to be his book.   I actually took it out to get rid of it and Joel found it in a pile of other books and random things I was trying to organize.  He carries it around, hugs it, looks at the pages (there are hardly any pictures), puts it on the highchair tray while he eats, and sleeps with it.  Sunday he sat on the bench in the shower while I was getting ready just hugging his text book and flipping thru the pages like he actually knows how to read it.  When someone comes near it he yells "No!  My book!"

When I went to change the sheets in his crib last week I found 1 stuffed animal, a pillow, 3 children's books, 4 blankets, 2 big bouncy balls, a large metal pick up truck and a cowboy hat.  I am not sure were the kid was sleeping.  I put him to bed every night, I knew he had a lot of stuff in his crib I just didn't realize how much was hiding under all the blankets!  When I put the clean sheets back on I only put 2 blankets, the cowboy hat and the stuffed animal back in the crib.  I was trying to add as little as possible without it being too noticeable that I took a bunch of stuff out.  Joel would have noticed if the the crib was empty.  I am sure he will get the rest added before I change the sheets next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment