About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, May 21, 2012

G.G. and Nanno's house Part 1

Tuesday I packed up the kids bright and early (not really, it was 9am when we left the house!) and we headed to my Grandma and Nanno's house (my dad's parents).  It had been a long time since we had been at their house and I was looking forward to it. 

Driving the Ambulance

Over my life I have been to their house thousands of times.  I have driven there hundreds of times, but the last 5-10 minutes of the trip I always go the same way.  Tuesday as we were getting closer traffic came to a standstill.  I was behind a semi and couldn't see what was going on ahead.  When I got closer I could see that the road, the only way I knew how to get to my grandparents' was blocked off by squad cars.  A cop was redirecting traffic onto a ramp.  I stopped, rolled down my window and told the cop that I was driving to my grandparents and that I didn't know how to get there any way but the road I was on.  I don't think he was amused.  I told him the intersection they were near and he rattled off directions faster than an auctioneer.  I heard and remembered the part where he said "take the ramp..." and that was it.  Once we were on the ramp and not going anywhere fast I used my phone to get directions!  I felt so ridiculous!  Vince could sense I was worried, probably because he heard what I said to the cop, and he kept asking me how we were going to get to G.G.'s house.  I reassured him that we were fine and just going a different way.  To which he said "you know your grandma is kinda old!"  That caught me more off guard than the road being closed.  I told him she wasn't that old and he agreed that she was "only a little old." I went on to tell him how smart and fun she was and how she loved to read books!  He was really excited to get there and spent the last five minutes asking when we were going to be there.



Putting out a fire!

When we arrived at my grandparents' everyone was in a good mood, even Joel!  My grandma had cantaloupe ready for the kids.  She knows the way to their hearts.  After visiting for awhile the boys and I left Cecilia with Grandma and headed to the Children's Museum that was only 5 minutes away!

Joel driving the fire truck and Vince dressed as a fireman

 It was a great museum with tons of things the kids loved.  There was tracks that you could roll golf balls down, a water table, a sand table, slide, an ambulance to play in, a grocery store with a working scanner to shop in, a train table, a fire truck and more!

If you put your hands on the hands the drum would beat and according to your heart rate
 
There were literally 5 other kids there when we were there and it was awesome.  I could let both the boys run around and keep an eye on the gate to the exit.  I really didn't have to worry about the kids disappearing on me.

Joel was having so much fun!

My car on the other hand was parked in a random parking lot so I had to keep running to the window to check and make sure my car was there.  I found out later that they had free parking in the parking garage for museum patrons.  Now I know!


I couldn't get Joel to stay on the chair.  He didn't have time to sit still for a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment