About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

G.G. and Nanno's Part 2

When we got back from the Children's Museum Cecilia was asleep.  My poor Grandma finally got Cecilia all to herself and she slept the whole time we were gone.  After we ate lunch and visited for a little bit.  I took the boys for a walk in the stroller hoping they would fall asleep before we got to the park.  They were too busy checking out all the houses, trees, sidewalk cracks, etc that they never took a nap.  On our walk I pointed out "my tree" that my grandparents planted when I was a baby.  It is amazing how big it is now.  The kids were impressed by "how shady it was".

My Tree

It was the same park that my dad took us to when we were visiting my grandparents.  The same tennis courts where my dad would make me play tennis.  I never loved it only because I think he always picked the hottest time of day during the hottest day of the year to teach me tennis.  The equipment is nothing like it used to be, but it is probably safer.  Both Vince and Joel were off and running.  I could hardly keep up.  A couple times Joel wanted Vince to wait for him and would yell "No Bincey. No!" when Vince got to far away from him.

G.G. and Cecilia

Before long I convinced the boys to head back.  They were having fun but I really wanted to sit and talk to my Grandma!  We walked in just when Cecilia was waking up so it really was perfect timing.  Over dinner I was finally able to visit with Grandma and Nanno in between the kids begging me to play with them.  Vince kept saying "Mommy, I got something to tell you.  Who is going to play with me and Joel."  I tried to explain to them that they could play with each other and they didn't need me, but they weren't buying it.  For some unknown reason they started bringing rocks from around the air conditioner in the yard to me.  It worked because it kept them busy, I got to keep talking to my grandparents and when it was all done I had a giant pile of rocks to return to the air conditioner.

Vince in a "spider web"

Joel looking down at the web and a little too close to the edge for my comfort.

It was a fun day!  The kids were exhausted and all slept well that night!

Joel on the slides

No comments:

Post a Comment