About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

CE and the Zoo

As a veterinarian I am required to get 40 hours of continuing education (CE) every 2 years.  This past weekend there was a dermatology meeting that counted as 5 hours, was free and was at the zoo! It doesn't get much better than that.  Plus it was supposed to be nice weather with only a 30% chance of rain.  Brad, my dad and the kids were going to walk around the zoo while I was at the meeting and then I would join them on my lunch break and after the meeting.

Well, the weather forecast changed at some point so it was a 70% or so chance of rain (we didn't realize that until right before the storm hit).  I left my dad, Brad and the kids and went into the conference.  Before long I was receiving texts that they couldn't get into the zoo for another hour because that is when it officially opened.  So they spent that hour getting a talk from the police and hanging around outside of the building I was in with other families who were also waiting for the zoo to open.  While they were playing outside Joel was chasing geese and Brad was saving him before the geese tried to get him.  Vince was running around with 2 little girls.  Brad tells me at one point he looked over and Vince was pulling down his pants and getting ready to pee in the bushes.  Brad yelled "Vincent" across the patio area and then everyone was looking.  Brad was able to scoop him up and take him inside before he actually peed but after he had already pulled his pants down.  Not long after that the zoo officially opened and they were able to go walk around.


My dad, Vincent, Brad, Joel and Cecilia (she really is under the blankets)


At lunch time I went to meet up with them and a storm was starting to move in. There was thunder and lightning. We went to food court area and it was full with no room to sit anywhere.  The kids were hungry and starting to melt and Brad was getting frustrated.  I suggested we load the kids in the stroller, run to the truck and hope we don't get too wet.  We put all 3 kids in the double stroller and Brad started running.  Joel was not happy to be sharing his seat with Vince and kept trying to push Vince out.  Vince did a really good job staying on until 3/4 of the way back.  He was just about out so I told him he could walk.  I was wearing dress shoes and not having the easiest time keeping up with Brad, so Vince didn't slow me down very much.

We did get wet getting back to the car but it wasn't that bad.  My dad doesn't live far from the zoo so they were able to all go play while I was finishing up my CE.  Of course after my CE was done the sun was out!  From Vince and Brad's stories it sounded like they got to see a lot of the animals and had fun for the time they were there.  Hopefully we can get back to the zoo later this year and see the rest of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment